Witty Title in the Works

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Eva Peron

I check my horoscope almost daily. Not because I really believe in my horoscope, but somehow I got into the habit of emailing Kate our horoscope every day since we are both Pisces. MSN has this great little feature "On this day in history." I find it very interesting, and always read it after my horoscope. (If by any chance you are reading this and are also a fish...you are advised to take some time for yourself because you've been so helpful to others lately. Learn how to meditate.)

On this day in 1978, the musical Evita premiered in London.

I'm a big fan of Eva Peron. She did a lot of great stuff for the Descamisados, despite those accusations that she was hoarding some of the money, whatever. And really, her story is amazing. Young girl from the wrong side of the tracks has big dreams, sleeps around to climb the social ladder, meets the right kinda guy, and finally becomes first lady of Argentina. If she can do it, who can't? It's really the right message to be sending people...if you aren't getting what you want, you're sleeping with the wrong guy.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jane said…

    Excellent first post...it really IS the right message. Let's put that on a t-shirt!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home